As we continue through this “brave new world,” there are a lot of posts and suggestions on staying mentally and physically active. I could surely use less couch time and more “crankin’ up the oldies to sweat.” 🙂
If your spiritual life could use a boost, check out these suggestions and feel free to add a few of your own! Start your day with a new routine; I am!
Ideas for strengthening your spirit!
- Get reacquainted (Zoom, Webex, Facetime) with coworkers, family, friends.
- Go outside as much as possible.
- Reduce distractions; TV, Internet, news, etc.
- Observe your thoughts about the people around you.
- Step out in faith.
- Be of service to others, make masks, help with deliveries, send cards to local memory care or nursing home. Sign, “a friend.”
- Make prayer and meditation a habit.
- Spend time in the Word. An online bible study, or do your own, pick a book in the Bible that has been hard for you to understand and research it.
- Say “grace” with each meal.
- Start a journal.
- Write poetry.
- Memorize scripture.
- Sign up for daily scripture or meditation.